Mifepristone & Misoprostol
It is one of the safe and effective procedures that are being performed by women who want to end the pregnancy after taking FDA approved pills. This is the procedure that is also known as medical abortion. The procedure is completed only after consuming the two primary medicines
This process is only recommended to a woman whose pregnancy is up to 12 weeks i.e. 84 days. Most of the women choose medical abortion because in this procedure woman gets privacy to perform it. Also, you can perform this procedure at any place; office, clinic, or home at your comfort. Before proceeding to the medical abortion women should confirm her pregnancy with the doctor and make sure you accomplish the procedure under proper guidance. Medical abortion through is effective only if you take both the FDA certified abortion pills Mifepristone and Misoprostol.
What is Mifepristone?
It is the initial pill that is consumed in the termination process. The abortion pill Mifepristone is the medicine that is combined with the other medicine known as Misoprostol. In the year 2000, the FDA has certified this medication and approved safe for consumption. The brand name of Mifepristone is Mifeprex, RU-486, and Korlym. The abortion pill should not be used in cases of confirmed or suspected ectopic pregnancy.
What are the after side effects of Mifepristone and Misoprostol?
The most common side effect that a woman can experience is cramps and vaginal bleeding. Apart from this, you may also experience nausea, fever, headache, dizziness, vomiting, weakness, diarrhea, tiredness, and back pain. The severe side effect that you may experience is allergic reactions, low blood pressure, loss of consciousness, infection after completing the process, ectopic pregnancy, shortness of breath, rashes, swelling of face, lips, tongue, and throat. If you tend to experience such after-effects then ensure that you immediately speak to the doctor or seek emergency medical attention.
• Unlike surgical abortion, medical abortion does not require to perform a day surgery or at the hospital.
• The procedure does not involve any surgeon, medical equipment, and anesthesia.
• It gives more feel like a natural process for some women.
• The process can be performed anywhere like a home environment.
• In some cases, the termination process does not give the complete outcome in which women have to repeat the procedure or have to opt for a surgical procedure.
• Some women may experience pain and bleeding for a longer period than in surgical abortion.
• Sometimes it may take a longer time than expected to show the complete and effective result after taking the Misoprostol.
• The tablet Mifepristone cannot be recommended to some women as it is not suitable for them.
How should I store primary medicines for medical abortion?
You do not need to store the Mifepristone at home as it is given in a hospital or clinic. But if choose to take medicine at home then ensure to store the pills at room temperature ranging 20-25 degree celsius. Also, assure that you set out the pack if the medicines are not used after getting expired. Also keep the pack in the airtight container away from heat, moisture, and sunlight. Ensure that you dispose of the pack properly.